Naruto Lands Of Shinobi
Welcome to NLOS a Custom Role playing site if you have any question first please check the rules section but if you feel something has been missed you may Contact the owner NLOS Admin for details or come again another time.

Naruto Lands Of Shinobi . The Land of the ever changing dreams.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tentative Greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryoma

PostSubject: Tentative Greetings   Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 am

Ok, I am tempted to play here just because I haven't done a free-form Naruto RP in ages, but I have to admit that the holes in the rules and some of the things permitted (like allowing players to be "smarter" than other characters as a strength rather than through RP or "gets mad when people are killed" as a legit weakness) just really bothers me....  I mean I have gone through the rules and characters seeing all this stuff about what a Main and Sub are supposed to be but its all contradictory and there is no rule about it -- thats a basic part of your character too....

So yeah, I am here "tentatively" right now.

So, who the heck is this guy and why does he think he can say anything about our site?  I'm an experienced RPer and RP Forum staffer with Naruto RP experience going back to when the Chuunin Exams were being printed in the manga (in Japan and scanlated, not printed in the US).  No worries, I have no interest in being staff here so fear no attempted hostile takeovers.  I currently staff on a high quality RP site that will remain nameless, so I can avoid being hounded if anyone here is a member there too, so I really plan just to have a little sideline fun here where I don't always have to present my work as higher quality than expected of normal members.  That said I think my RPing might intimidate a few people, so if that is the case just tell me and I can leave.

Yeah right, this guy is pretty arrogant!  

I can see that, so I'll give you a short (off the top of my head) RP Sample:

Quote :
The light faded slowly beneath the trees, sinking from yellow into darker and darker shades of orangish red.  Ryoma's heaving chest slowly came under control as he exerted his prodigious focus on slowing his gasping.  They were coming, they would be here soon and there was no more time for catching his breath.  A faint breeze rustled the leaves above and the shadows of the forest seemed to loom around him -- waiting to witness what was to come.  Ryoma couldn't help it, his lips twitched at the thought of the trees as sadistic voyeurs eagerly awaiting the bloodshed with no concern for which side did the bleeding.  With that his breathing stilled, his heart slowly coming back to a more normal rate.

Placing his back to the tree he crouched behind Ryoma shook his blonde bangs from his face and adjusted the wrap around shades that hid his strange pale blue orbs from the sight of the curious.  Faint noises from behind raised Ryoma's hackles, it was likely to be the only warning he would get!  Drawing in a breath he began to rapidly form a short but complex string of hand seals, his hands moving precisely and his fingers with the dexterous ease of a master pianist.  

"Ryuusei no Jutsu" Ryoma muttered quietly.  His hands took on a very faint light blue glow as they parted, he reached down to the sword at his waist and grasped it by handle and sheath.  Drawing the blade slowly to reduce the potential noise of razor edge on lacquered wood the blue glow passed from his hands to the blade before silently fading from sight and becoming a faint thrum of power.  Holding the blade up before him Ryoma could see the faint haze on the blade that soon turned into tiny droplets of water and finally into a slender stream of water drawn from the air around the blade.  As that slender trickle began to grow slightly Ryoma spun around the trunk of the tree to deal with the three who had chased him for the last hour...only to come face to face with their reinforcements!  He counted them rather inanely, five additional enemies had joined the three he had eluded thus far.  "Well shit...." Ryoma sighed, sweat beginning to bead on his forehead.  "Do over...?"  Only silence greeted his query.  "I didn't think so, somedays it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning...."
A typical RP post of mine would probably be about twice or three times as long but thats good enough for a general idea.  So if thats a little too much for this site best to know now rather than frustrate a lot of people and then find out. If it seems like I can fit in here and can get some questions answered I can always drop a bit more about myself, though I doubt anyone cares much.

P.S. If you guys want to grow your site you need to do more advertising, I only found this place after ages of scanning through significantly worse or dead sites.
Back to top Go down
Hirano Arumi

Ninja Info
Jutsu Tokens:
0/1  (0/1)

PostSubject: Re: Tentative Greetings   Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:07 am

If there's something you didn't understand about the rules, i.e. the main and sub rules, ask the staff. We can clear it up for you.

Approved Missions:
D: 2
C: 3
B: 1
A: 0
S: 0

Rank-up points: 13

How Not to Write a Novel wrote:
Some writers are convinced that since great modern authors like Joyce and Faulkner are difficult to understand, writing that is difficult to understand is therefore great writing. This is a form of magical thinking, analogous to the belief that the warrior who dons the pelt of a lion thereby acquires its strength and cunning.
Back to top Go down
Ryoma

PostSubject: Re: Tentative Greetings   Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:28 am

Yeah, thats sort of the idea. At one point I saw in an application that you only get 1 main and 2 subs, but that is stated nowhere in the rules so it is unclear if that is a core rule or an individual judgment based on the person in question and their character. There is also nothing explaining what the difference between an Main and a Sub is at all.... Can you gain more jutsu in a main than a sub or is it about the power of the jutsu, or perhaps just a means to make someone choose and not be able to gain multiple things with different specialty requirements.... The whole thing is completely opaque because it assumes you know what is supposed to be meant, thats great if its based on another site where it is explained and all the members come from it but when you get people who don't know it you get problems.

So I guess my question would have to be "Can someone set out an explanation of the Main/Sub differences for Specialization and Elements that explains it all to me?" I do suggest those rules get updated and clarified though, it will just make it easier on you when you get other new members.
Back to top Go down
Hirano Arumi

Ninja Info
Jutsu Tokens:
0/1  (0/1)

PostSubject: Re: Tentative Greetings   Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 am

Check the starter guide in the character creation section.

Approved Missions:
D: 2
C: 3
B: 1
A: 0
S: 0

Rank-up points: 13

How Not to Write a Novel wrote:
Some writers are convinced that since great modern authors like Joyce and Faulkner are difficult to understand, writing that is difficult to understand is therefore great writing. This is a form of magical thinking, analogous to the belief that the warrior who dons the pelt of a lion thereby acquires its strength and cunning.
Back to top Go down
Ryoma

PostSubject: Re: Tentative Greetings   Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Errr, nothing about mains and subs there.... I did read all the rules and applications on the site before registering, in fact I read everything except the RP threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tentative Greetings   

Back to top Go down

Tentative Greetings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Lands Of Shinobi  :: Main Hall :: Activity Check & Greeting/Absence Board-
Jump to:  
Member Awards

Of The Month

Become Praised

Thread
Thread
Latest topics
» Shinobi World War
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 pm by kidbushido

» Naruto: Crisis 3.0
Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm by Agito

» Been A Long time
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm by Amaterasu

» Naruto Nexus 3.0
Sat May 24, 2014 11:01 pm by Guest

» Pokemon Extinction
Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 am by Amaterasu

» NRPG
Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:36 pm by Hideyoshi Senju

» FinestShinobi [Naruto RP]
Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:04 am by Guest

» Chorus of Angels
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 am by Auron Nakamura

» Auron's Adventure: Tag Wars
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:16 am by Auron Nakamura

» Naruto World war (Affiliate)
Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 am by Sato Ace

Village Leader Ranks
Sokage : Closed
Suikage : Closed
Keukage: Closed
Donkage: Closed
Shirotori: Closed
Ratings

Language 3: Objectionable and mature language is permitted.
Sexual content 3: Sexual content may be described in detail.
Violence 3: Extreme violence is permitted
Affiliates
Creative Commons License
(c) Masashi Kishimoto - Naruto Creater and anything canon belongs to him and we do not take credit for his work. (c The site itself belongs to Naoko. All of the rules and templates belong to her and the staff who makes them. (c) All original ideas belong to their rightful users and not the site itself. The site has no ownership over the creations of the members and will not abuse their creations. Therefore, information may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to abide is plagiarism. (c) Artwork- Kon, Google images. (c) Coding - Kon